Submitting Your Skin to Winamp.com
From Winamp Developer Wiki
Creating a Classic Skin: Introduction → The Base Skin → Paint the Main Window → Paint the Equalizer Window → Paint the Playlist Window → Paint the Minibrowser Window → Paint the AVS Window → Paint the Winamp 2.9/5.x Windows → Create Custom Cursors → Edit the Configuration Files → Compress to .WSZ format → Submit to Winamp.com
Once you have an appropriate .WSZ file, the ultimate step is to share your masterpiece with the world. Your skin will join thousands of others on Winamp.com. This will allow people all over the world to enjoy the fruits of your labor. To do this, just follow these steps:
- Have a classic skin ready in .WSZ format.
- Go to http://www.winamp.com/user/submit
- Select Classic Skins for Winamp 2.x compatible skins and click the "Submit a classic skin" button.
- Fill in the blanks:
- Name: The name of your skin.
- Comment: The short blurb that comes up when people browse the skins page.
- Description: The longer blurb that is displayed when people view the skin details page.
- Categories: Choose Primary and/or Secondary (optional) categories to properly sort your skin.
- Thumbnail: Click on the "Browse" button to find the .gif, .jpg, or .png file on your computer. Note: the image file dimensions should be no larger than 178px by 75px.
- Screenshot: (Full-sized screenshot of your skin.) Click on the "Browse" button to find the .gif, .jpg, or .png file on your computer. Note: the image file dimensions should be no larger than 275px by 600px.
- Skin File: Click on the "Browse" button to find the .WSZ (classic) or .WAL (modern) file on your computer.
- Click the "Submit" button, and...
- Voila! Your skin is on its way to being displayed (after being approved) before the world.
Skin Category Descriptions
The following descriptions are general guidelines. They are not intended to be taken too literally. In the end, it is up to you to decide which categories best fit your skin.
- Animated: Inspired by cartoons, Japanese comics, or animated films.
- Compact/Utility: Minimalist/tiny/lightweight skins, or skins that server a special utility.
- Computer/OS: Inspired by an operating system's graphical user interface.
- Consumption: Skins inspired by food, beverages, or anything else consumed.
- Cool Devices: Skins made to look like... a cool... device.
- Games: Inspired by any segment of interactive entertainment software.
- Human: Skins based on humans. Aliens - down the hall to the "WTF" room.
- Movies/TV: Featuring screenshots, logos, or other paraphernalia connected to a feature film.
- Music: Inspired by a musical group, instrument or genre.
- Nature: Skins in tune with the natural habitat that surrounds woodland creatures, or the creatures themsevles.
- Retro: Conveys a sense of technologic, cultural or temporal nostalgia.
- Sports/University: Inspired by a sport, sports team, athlete, sporting event, or University.
- Stylish: Experimental skins built for aesthetics and new skinning ideas.
- Transportation: Skins based on cars, buses, trains, planes, camels, seagulls, etc.
- WTF: Skins that defy categorization. You know the type.
- Web Site: Inspired or sponsored by a web site.